Meet Sam. Our game is live on the App Store.
Sam is going to help babies learn language skills and motivate kids with speech disorders to use their voices.
Here is a demo of Sayin' It Sam. Get it now, it's free.
Here’s how you play the game:
1. Sam will ask, “What color is it?” for the object on the screen: train, dog, bird, butterfly, geometric shape or balloon.
2. Let’s say the object is a blue balloon. When your child says “blue” the balloon pops and Sam jumps up and down, claps and exclaims, “Good job!”
By the same token the train drives away, the butterfly takes off, the bird flutters, the dog catches the Frisbee, and shapes sparkle – with sound effects!
3. If your child has a hard time pronouncing “blue,” Sam will pause for a second and say, “Try again!” If the child is still unsuccessful, Sam will say encouragingly, “You can do it!”
Our games are developed to accept common speech patterns of early language learners.
So if a child says boo, buh, bwoo, buh-luh, loo, bah, for the color “blue,” Sam enthusiastically accepts this, too.
4. If the child does not respond, the game will go back to the beginning so your child can practice again.
5. Or you can assist children with speech disorders and/or your early language learners (8 months to 2 years) by pausing the game and practicing the word “blue” before tapping to continue.
Here’s how the game works:
* Our games use OpenEars software to recognize single word utterances and approximations.
* Our patent includes the use of phonological processing to modify the speech recognition code used in our games.
* When your child verbally pronounces “blue” the SKD software recognizes our accepted approximations, and the child is rewarded with animations and exclamations.
* We modified the code so that only common speech errors are accepted.
For “green” Sam accepts gee, geenuh, gween, gin,
keen, neen, deen and ghe.
Jane Tyler, M.S., CCC-SLP helped us define these common speech errors and gave us the phonological spellings.
© 2016 Appropo Software LLC
The game is free - balloons and shapes are included!
We have made Sayin' It Sam available for the iPhone and iPad.